Mexico City Intercity Bus Service
The most important Bus Stations in the city are included in the map below, however, be aware that on many regularly traveled and heavy services routes, the same intercity buses may make stops at points within the city to onboard and offboard passengers.
Visitors to Mexico City will often find that daytrips to nearby towns and communities are richly rewarded. Most commonly, visitors will find themselves at the Centro de Autobuses del Norte for trips to Teotihuacan or at Taxqueña for trips to Morelos or Cuernavaca.
Those are just the two most common daytrips, and of course, hundreds of other destinations can be easily reached on what is usually exceptionally good intercity bus travel.
Although not comprehensive, these are the biggest intercity bus lines operating out of the stations above.
- ADO Group: Autobuses de Oriente is one of the biggest buslines in the country. ADO runs specialized services like ADO Platino, ADO GL, OCC, and an “AU” 2nd-class service.
- Campeche, Chiapas, EdoMex, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Michoacan, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, and Yucatan.
- Puebla, Mérida, Cuernavaca, Tampico, Veracruz, Acapulco, Villahermosa, Reynosa, Cancún, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Xalapa, Oaxaca, Pachuca, and Tlaxcala.
- Autobuses Teotihuacán: With service to Teotihuacán running every 30 minutes, this is one of the smallest but most heavily relied on buslines.
- Autovías: Primarily running routes through EdoMex and Michoacán, they also run an overnight service to Zihuatenejo.
- Estrella Blanca Group, including Futura, Costa Line and Elite buses: Estrella Blanca runs regular service to just about every corner of the country.
- Estrella de Oro: With regular service to Cuernavaca, some buses continue on to Taxco and Acapulco.
- Estrella Roja: Service is primarily between points in Puebla and the North and South (Taxqueña) stations in Mexico City.
- ETN: Probably the biggest, and possibly the most luxurious bus network, service is to essentially the entire country.
- Ómnibus de México: Primarily serving points to the north, Ómnibus will even cross the border en route to Houston and Dallas.
- Primera Plus: Primera serves mostly Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato and Querétaro.
- Pullman de Morelos: Daily service to Cuernavaca and other points in Morelos.