It is one of the most emblematic historic houses in the Centro Histórico. It was built in 1735 and was owned by the Frenchman, Jose de la Borda, one of the wealthiest men of New Spain, thanks to mining in Taxco. The building has three floors and is covered with gray volcanic rock and sandstone. In the nineteenth century the house was divided into five lots. In the early twentieth century it hosted the Salón Rojo, the first cinema in town, it also housed the Harem baths and the Hotel Coliseo. The facade of that time is still preserved. In 2012 the interiors were adapted to be a residential house.
Phone: +52 (55) 1345 7724
Bolívar #26, Col. Centro.