The Centro Cultural Zapotitlán is the cultural brain-center of Santiago Zapotitlán. The center is involved with all of the numerous festivals, fiestas, and happenings taking place in Zapotitlán throughout the year. The annual highlight is the Fiesta of Lights and Music each July.
Just a few blocks north of the town center and parish church, the center has plenty of space, and organizes its own exhibitions, classes, and meetings. Participants come from all over the city to take part. In the past, they’ve been especially widely praised for concerts and ballet folklorico performances. Activities take place all over the town, and in far-flung parts of Tláhuac and the wider City.
In the center’s own words, the Centro Cultural Zapotitlán allows the community to:
1. Reaffirm community identity and project that identity through culture at the local and regional level;
2. Make culture a tool for development, democratic dialogue, social cohesion, and quality of life;
3. Conserve, research, disseminate and protect the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the people;
4. Promote reading among residents through programs adapted to all population segments, and;
5. Support and stimulate artistic creation in its various aspects: visual arts, literature, music, dance, popular and urban cultures, theater, and alternative media.
The cultural center also recently opened an auditorium with a capacity for 185 guests.
Phone: +52 (55) 5841 6021
Price: Free admission
Zaragoza, Santa Ana Nte., Tláhuac, 13300 CDMX