It is a neocolonial building that was built in 1931 and of which only the tower and baptistery remain since a more modern building was built in that space in 1980. The front is in quarried stone and has a trefoil arch on Doric pilasters. The building houses medium and large format paintings such as La coronación de la Virgen de Guadalupe by Isauri G. Cervantes.
The current building is cylindrical crowned with concrete. The wooden ceiling is intercepted by four arms of multicolored stained glass, allowing a bath of colored light into its interior.