It was created in 1920 to support school activities. Thanks to its policy of purchasing materials and generous donations from distinguished lawyers, its collection includes more than 60,000 volumes, mainly current legal issues and collections spanning four centuries of legal science.
It has thus become the second most important library in Mexico. Its facilities include three rooms for work groups, a research area, a lounge, 120 individual reading stations, a computer center, a lending room and file consulting room.
The services and facilities are for both students and teachers and the general public upon presentation of a valid ID.